＊Please pick 2 large alphabet like H.S T.K .
A charm with ancient meaning of guard and bless
Decorated with a bush warbler and cherry blossoms in your pocket
KUDEN original Nikko-bori hand mirror
Pre order event
KUDEN's first pre order event for accessory is for hand mirror "Te-kagami". Tradition in Japan has it that mirror has a power to exorcise evil spirits from a person.Pregnant woman carry handmirror in her obsterical binder, it protect her and her upcoming baby from evil.It’s one of the traditional customs in Japan.
There are 2 designs. The motif of "Sakura" is "花鳥風月" which is Japanese traditional word showing beauties of nature. "Uguisu" is collaboration design with Nikko-bori artisan.
Nikko-bori artisan makes each one by hand, just for you.
The artisan who inherit the traditional technique in Nikko make one by one to your precious person. Also you can order to add initial so highly recommend for gift.
We will start to produce the item after event end. It means customers must wait but instead of that we can provide discount price 10% OFF.
Don't miss this chance.
Just for you, make one by one
Japanese traditional artisan of Nikko bori(日光彫) make just for you one by one.
Expect mirror, it’s made of natural wood so you feel warm like you want to carry it.
Gift with special wish to your precious person
Tradition in Japan has it that mirror has a power to exorcise evil spirits from a person.Pregnant woman carry hand mirror in her obstetrical binder, it protect her and her upcoming baby from evil.A hand mirror is one of the charm for people, it will definitely be a special gift for anniversary.
Carving initial, To be only one hand mirror in the world
On the handle of hand mirror, we carve your desired initial.
If you select initial option, artisan carves your initial on handle of hand mirror.
Carved initial hand mirror, that is just yours in the world for you and your precious person is delivered to you.
1. Write your initial on note when you make payment
2. KUDEN send email for final confirmation
After your reply to KUDEN’s confirmation mail, your order is completed.
＊If you don’t receive the mail 3 business days after your order, sorry but please message us by contact form (It has possibility that You or KUDEN can’t receive notification.)
Please read and understand before order
- Please set as you can receive the mail from ‘ku-den.jp’.
- Custom order product is made just for you after you order. We need to keep material, artisan/factory and so on for your order so please understand we can’t accept change, refund, returns after order is confirmed.
- Artisan makes one by one after order confirmed so it takes about 1 ~ 2.5 months to complete custom products. It depends on products, season, traffic and how busy factory is. In some case, we need more time. We'll let you know once it's been decided by mail. We ask you to order with time to spare.
- Because custom order is made after order and each has different time to complete, you can order with any other product. If you do, we’ll ship together when custom order product is shipped. And if you want to ship separately, you need additional shipping charge.
- Artisan makes it one by one so it's not exactly same with others but we want you to enjoy those difference.
When Uguisu ( Nightingale ) sings, Japanese feel the coming of spring. From old time, Uguisu is loved in Japan. This Uguisu design is KUDEN original, collaborate KUDEN designer with artisan.
Sakura ( cherry blossoms ) is one of the Japanese national flower. The language of Sakura is “ Spiritual beauty ”. Like bloom with pride, those beauty is designed on the hand mirror. Sakura may add a little color with your dailylife.
Japanese traditional artisan in Nikko make just for you one by one.
Nikko is so famous for that people said “Don’t use the word ‘marvelous’ until you’ve seen Nikko.”
For a long time. Person of carious statuses visited Nikko Tosho-Gu Shrine so Iemitsu TOKUNAGA who is the third Shogun of Edo shogunate decided to change Tosho-gu Shrine into more majestic one. He called great number of master-hands, carpenter, engraver, Urushi lacquer worker, and so many types of artisan. Engraver graved without the least difference from picture that painter draws. They says, in the internal of their work, they carve and engrave something and it is the origin of Nikko-bori.
After completing their work for Tosho-gu Shrine, they made wood tray and chest as souvenir for visitors and Nikko-bori became popular.
Nikko-bori is known for using special carving knife named “Hikkaki-tou”. Artisan uses a bent tip of Hikkaki-tou to carve the design on wood. After carving wood, lacquer is coated over it, and is the polishing by file to express the design surface.Even now, these process is artisan hand work so you may feel tradition through a hand mirror.